Dr. Hinds is a licensed Doctor of Traditional Asian Medicine, Clinical Psychologist, Medical Macrobiotic Counselor, Homeopath, and Naturopath.
She has been in practice since 1987 in Hawaii, California and Maryland as well as various parts of Eastern and Western Europe.
Her medical practice has been very broad in scope and included the treatment of autoimmune conditions, incorporating both Eastern and Western medicines, and reinforcing treatments with the nutritional support found in the application of medical macrobiotics.
Her research on squamous cell carcinoma has been documented at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Her findings on Thalassemia Minor at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona, and Prostate Cancer at Cedar Sinai Hospital, Beverly Hills, California.
She has lectured throughout Europe and Canada and has been interviewed on Oleo Public TV, Hawaii on the topics of prevention and treatment for substance abuse, auto immune challenges as expressed in physical conditions of arthritis, muscular sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, scleroderma, paralysis, and cancer.
- B.S. Clinical Psychology Chico State University, Chico, California, United States, 1983.
- Meadowlark School for Macrobiotics, Chico, California, U.S. 1983.
- Intern/residency program Dr. Hok Chi Tse, Department of Gynecology, Macao, Hong Kong, 1984-1987.
- Dong Ruk University, Seoul, South Korea, Los Angles, California, U.S., OMD/PHD. Traditional Asian Medicine, 1987.
- B.S. English Literature Regency College, Albany, New York, United States 1997.
- George Oshawa Lima University, Department of Medical Macrobiotics, Yoyogi, Tokyo, Japan, 2013.
- Certified/licensed substance abuse counselor Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles, California, United States 1985-86, Hawaii, 1987.
- Board Certified and license Doctor of Oriental Medicine, California, 1987.
- Board Certified and license Doctor of Oriental Medicine, Hawaii, 1987.
- Bradley Island School, California certified/licensed, 1997-2002, administer, owner.
- Board Certified and licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine, Maryland, 2001.
Turn Around Clinic,
Los Angeles, California.
Honolulu, Hawaii, 96855
Plantation Spa Resort, Hawaii.
Private practice specializing in the treatment of auto immune patients
For Hawaii, Maryland and California combining traditional
Asian/Pacific Island Medicine with Macrobiotics counseling.
- Reversing Thalmasia Minor, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, 2007
- Treatment of Prostate Cancer, Cedar Sinai, Beverly Hills, California, 2010.
- Inspiration for Health, My Family’s Macrobiotic Recipes, AA Austria, 2010, Island Heritage Publishing House, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Sometimes I have Trouble Sleeping, Documentary, Honolulu Hawaii, 2014, Library of Congress, United States.
- Crystal Meth, Oleo Hawaii Public TV Honolulu, Hawaii, 1996.
- Treatment of Autoimmune Conditions, 2011-2014